Our mission is to provide products and services with which people will feel comfortable and excited to use computers and network. Through such business we will contribute to making the world more affluent.
With this mission in mind, we consider global environment conservation as our social responsibility. For coexistence with the environment, we faithfully observe the law and regulations and proactively participate in conservation activities
- Relentlessly improve the environmental management system, and work to prevent environmental pollution.
- Aiming for eliminating the use of hazardous chemical substances, provide environmentally friendly products.
- Strive to save energy and resources and reduce waste.
We promote the environmental conservation activity company-wide in individual's daily work and cross-organizational team efforts.
Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 implementation
Our old Design & Manufacturing Center (D&M Center, now the Keihanna HQ) was certified under ISO 14001, an international standard for environmental management system, in March 2004. This expanded to include Tokyo office resulting in our being ISO 14001:2004 certified in March 2006.
ISO 14001 (2004) Certification:
March 2004: D&M Center
March 2006: Entire company
Registration number: JQA-EM3813
As part of our in-house environmental conservation initiatives, we have been working to reduce CO2 (electricity consumption), resource consumption (paper), and waste.
* Since 2008 recycling rates have been used.
To raise awareness of environmental issues among employees (including part-time and temporary staff) and promote initiatives to address them, we offer environmental education in new employee training, technical training, internal auditor training, and other general training opportunities.
Environment Friendly Manufacturing
Compliance with to RoHS Directive
We strive to eliminate the use of chemical substances defined by the RoHS directive as well as the other hazardous chemical substances we specifically control. This initiative is pursued by all divisions involved in products such as sales and marketing, product planning, design and development, parts procurement and manufacturing, and quality assurance.
As for European RoHS Directive (EU)2015/863 (including the other hazardous chemical substances we specifically control), often called new RoHS2, our work for compliance was complete in July 2018, and as of July 2019 all our products except for certain OEM products, are compliant.
- RoHS Directive
- The RoHS Directive, which came into force in the EU on July 1, 2006, restricts the use of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) in electrical and electronic equipment. This directive was redefined as RoHS2 on January 3, 2013, and with four additional substances, namely phthalate compounds of DEHP, DBP, BBP and DIBP on July 22, 2019 new RoHS2 has now been effective.
Response to WEEE Directive
silex is working to collect/recycle products regulated under WEEE directives. We have been attaching the mark below on all the products for EU since August 13, 2005.
- WEEE Directive
- It is the EU directive to oblige manufacturers to collect/recycle electrical and electronic equipment used by consumers.
This has been effective since 13 August, 2005.
silex Eco Label
Our products with this mark on the package or in the brochures meet our environmental guidelines.
Our environmental guidelines consist of the following 6 points.
|Guideline Points||Verification Criteria|
|Development and manufacturing||
|Packaging and distribution||
Follow at least one of the below
|Used products recycle||